Sunday, December 10, 2017

Social Anxiety

      Bio: Artist who joined Fine Art America in 2014
      Artists Statement: "This piece is about how people with social anxiety can perceive others in a crowded or public place. They feel trapped, surrounded, and paranoid that everyone is watching and judging them."(https://fineartamerica.com/featured/social-anxiety-marla-edwards.html)
       Techniques: Main Vocal Point of the man in the chair, large Contrast in color to put even more focus on the Vocal point, and some Ordered Chaos.

One of the first times I experienced social anxiety after I was diagnosed was at a restaurant.  It was something I had never felt before, like every eye in the room was on me and judging me, I was so uncomfortable. I could hardly breath, like i was drowning, and I was unable to sit through dinner, one of the worst times for me because I had to leave my family there while I tried to get it together. This feeling is something you can not explain until you experience it yourself, which is something I would not wish on anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment